Select Microsoft virtualization, SQL Server 2008, Windows Server 2008, and Windows 7 exams to retire this monthJanuary 6, 2014 at 10:09 am | Posted in Certification Paths, Microsoft, Transcender news, Vendor news | 7 Comments
Tags: exam expirations, exam retirement, MCITP
Disclaimer: Exam retirements are subject to change without notice. Please go to the official Microsoft Retired exams list to confirm or deny a specific test’s retirement date, as it may have changed since this post was originally published. Click https://transcender.wordpress.com/category/certification-paths/ to find the latest posts by date on this topic.
If you are working on any of the following certifications, then set your calendar reminders and schedule your exam dates, because several Microsoft exams are retiring January 31, 2014. While you may still be able to get a certification in that technology, such as the still-current MCSA in SQL Server 2008, you will not be able to earn older MCITP or MCTS credentials.
(Note that Microsoft has not entirely abandoned the one-test MCTS certification track. We’ll cover the non-expiring MCITP and MCTS tracks in an upcoming post.)
The following certification tracks are either expiring completely, or are losing one of their required tests to expiration:
- MCITP: Database Administrator 2008
- MCITP: Database Developer 2008
- MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
- MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7
- MCITP: Enterprise Administrator on Windows Server 2008
- MCITP: Virtualization Administrator on Windows Server 2008 R2
- MCTS: Windows Server 2008 R2, Server Virtualization
- MCTS: Windows Server 2008 R2, Desktop Virtualization
- MCTS: Windows 7 and Microsoft Office 2010, Deployment
- MCTS: Windows Server 2008 Active Directory, Configuration
- MCTS: Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure, Configuration
- MCTS: Windows Server 2008 Applications Infrastructure, Configuration
The retiring exams include:
- 70-450: PRO: Microsoft SQL Server 2008, Designing, Optimizing, and Maintaining a Database Administrative Solution
- 70-451: PRO: Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Designing and Optimizing Database Solutions
- 70-643: TS: Windows Server 2008 Applications Infrastructure, Configuring
- 70-647: PRO: Windows Server 2008, Enterprise Administrator
- 70-649: Upgrading your MCSE on Windows Server 2003 to Windows Server 2008, Technology Specialist
- 70-659: TS: Windows Server 2008 R2, Server Virtualization
- 70-669: TS: Windows Server 2008 R2, Desktop Virtualization
- 70-681: TS: Windows 7 and Office 2010, Deploying
- 70-682: PRO: Upgrading to Windows 7 MCITP Enterprise Desktop Support Technician
- 70-693: PRO: Windows Server 2008 R2, Virtualization Administrator
For a complete list of retiring certifications, see this page: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en-us/mcts-certification.aspx.
For a complete list of retiring exams, see this page: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en-us/retired-certification-exams.aspx.