Don’t let a free exam pass you by: grab Microsoft’s two-for-one offer before June 30June 7, 2012 at 1:14 pm | Posted in Certification Paths, Microsoft, Vendor news | Leave a comment
Tags: cloud, exam vouchers, MCTS
In their push toward MCSA and MCSE certifications (covered by George here), Microsoft is offering a fairly unprecedented deal on certification exams: pay full price now, get a free upgrade later. How does this compare to other Microsoft promotions, and is it the right deal for you?
The fine print is as follows:
To help you move to the cloud, Microsoft is offering a limited time* “Two for One” exam offer. When you purchase and take a qualifying exam at full price between April 11, 2012 and June 30, 2012, you will be emailed a voucher valid for the next version exam of your chosen technology path, at no additional cost. Your voucher for the second qualifying exam will be emailed to you when the new exams release and will expire 90 days after the new Certification in your technology path becomes available.
Let’s review the conditions that need to be in place for this deal to work for you:
- You should be ready to pass the current version of your qualifying exam in one of the four “cloud-bound” technology areas: Windows 7 Client (migrating to Windows 8), Windows Server 2008/Private Cloud (migrating to 2012/Private Cloud), Visual Studio 2010 (migrating to Visual Studio 11), and SQL Server 2008 (migrating to 2012: Data Platform or 2012: Business Intelligence).
- You should be able to pass the current exam(s) by the end of June. You can request up to five exam vouchers in any of the listed paths (which means you would take up to five exams in the next three weeks).
- You should have a plan in place to hit the ground running once the upgraded version of your exam is released. The clock starts ticking the 90-day countdown as soon as the exam rolls out.
- You should install and configure the updated versions of your technology as soon as they roll out (such as Windows Server 2012 Release Candidate).
- You should regularly check (or subscribe to a feed for) Microsoft Learning’s Cloud Certification Overview Page (
) for freebies and training offers to work your skills in the new areas.
If that sounds like a workable plan, then head over to Microsoft today and request your cloud-bound voucher.